This morning it was raining, but I was unable to discern it from the poor vantage of our dorm window and consequently left the building wearing flip-flops. I lacked time to return and change them - I was already running late and had missed my chance to shave and to eat breakfast before calc - so I had to trudge for 30 minutes and back across soaked concrete paths, laden with puddles due to the hilly terrain, wearing Rainbows whose dye bled off onto my feet and yellowed them. Needless to say I splashed through enough water to wet my pant legs, which made walking even more uncomfortable. Most people's umbrellas meet me at approximately eye level, so walking in the rain generally entails several pokes to the eye or at least splashes to the face. Buttprints dotted the path down the Hill, solemn memorials to those lost playing Zero Traction on Slippery Slopes. Someone had apparently been separated from her chemistry notecards in the middle of De Neve Plaza, which were shriveling up in lament as I walked past. Despite all of this, I couldn't help but feel rejuvenated - something about rain, despite its inconveniences and melancholy symbolism, never fails to put me in a good mood.
I am a plant.
1 comment:
Do you photosynthesize?
And poor chem note cards :[ I would like to give them a cremation, but they are probably too wet.
Post a Comment