Yesterday night in Rieber was amazing because it was apparently Mexican food night - Tostadas, beef tamales, Spanish rice, and limitless churros, which I ate five of and can only assume were a gift from the gods. The scene was complete with horrendously stereotypical and horrendously awesome mariachi music, unsurprisingly the best music they ever play in the dining halls. I have never really felt any connection with my heritage but something about this atmosphere made me feel utterly at home - perhaps it was the frijoles refritos.
Incidentally Rieber is now my favorite dining hall, despite its ruthlessly brutal massacre of my rightmost toe last Monday morning, a trauma from which I am still recovering. Who wants to see?!
My mom always used to tell me that we learn something new every day. Today I learned never to come home again unless I am sure something is going on. Yes, this is a desperate plea for you to entertain me.
1 comment:
entertain entertain entertain!
Post a Comment