My math professor started using colored chalk, which naturally blew my mind, as the majority of my education has been conducted on whiteboards. Today he used a bit of yellow chalk to draw a circle, which refused to be erased completely once he was done with it. I don't think he noticed.
He canceled class last Friday - the fourth Friday he has not been to class. (Though the previous three he found us some Russian math professors who we couldn't understand to fill in for him.) That is 2/5 of all possible Fridays he could not have been in class. Makes me wonder what he likes to do on Fridays.
Math Sciences 5200 is sloped at an angle that enables me to put my feet below the seats in the row ahead of me, but with a little bit of difficulty absent from other lecture halls that just makes it that much more satisfying to do. About 15 minutes into Monday's lecture I was doing this as usual when I tried to pull my foot back out and my right flip flop fell off onto the floor. Now the slope was my enemy and I could not pull it back to my row. I struggled with this for around 15 minutes during the lecture; luckily nobody was sitting in that seat, and the rest of the class was far too asleep to notice my plight. The flip flop seemed too wide to pull out from between the seat and the floor without a bit of force, which my foot could unfortunately not provide. I acquiesced for a few minutes, deciding to just endure the remaining 45 minutes of shoeless lecture, until a bout of inspiration struck. I grabbed it with my toes and turned it completely sideways which allowed me to pull it back up with my foot. Success. And yes, this is the most exciting thing that has ever happened during a calc lecture.
Wednesday after French a pickup truck was driving up the hill. Some resourceful skateboarder (I know, I didn't think it was possible) grabbed on to the back of the truck at such an angle that its driver was unable to see him, and let it pull him up the hill. At the top I gave him a nod of approval.
Tentative spring quarter schedue:
MATH 33a: Linear Algebra and ApplicationsFRNCH 3: Elementary French
PIC10b: Intermediate Programming
ARCH&UD 10b: History of Architecture and Urban Design: Baroque to Contemporary Moment
I am first on the waiting list for discussion 1E of ARCH&UD 10b; all I can say is they had better let me in even if nobody drops. Not too happy about the 8 AM math again either, but at least I can just eat lunch at 11.
No comments:
Post a Comment