Friday, January 25, 2008

Picture Post

Some odds and ends from the Ruby's trip near the end of Winter break:

Here are two prepubescent children eating at Ruby's together while simultaneously talking on their cell phones to completely different people. Not pictured: A third boy doing the exact same thing.

We returned to Claire's house and played our usual game of Scrabble:

Left: The final board. Yes, we played upside-down, we are retarded.
Right: The final score. Needless to say, I won.

Left: The story of everyone's lives.
Right: My foot picked a strategic moment to strike. Only Claire foresaw the doom that would befall them all.

Jerel was sifting through the clutter residing on top of the drawers by the TV. We were aware there was a lot of junk there but nothing prepared us for this decrepit banana:

This discovery posed several questions:
1. Who nonchalantly discarded this banana here?
2. Why didn't they eat it before it was a revolting putrid mess?
3. How are we going to transport this to the garbage can?

None of us remember leaving the banana here (but judging by its age this is not too surprising).

Several days later Cassandra was eating from a can of mixed nuts and Phillip decided he wanted some. They were lying lid-side-up on the floor. He grabbed the can but unfortunately it was upside-down and all of the nuts fell onto the floor:

Cassandra of course does not remember inverting the can, but how exactly can one set a can of nuts upside-down on the floor without everything spilling out anyway? Fortunately, this created the perfect opportunity for Phillip to vacuum the floor and me to be unhelpful and take pictures. Of particular interest was the knob on the front which enabled us to adjust the level of shag:


Using my new camera I finally managed to take a picture of a lovely commercial played often on GSN:

I can't speak for everybody but I was a huge fan of Alka-Seltzer before it came with mucus and congestion! Now it's like three in one! Awesome!!

This Tuesday I was walking up the hill to De Neve when some Asian guy started yelling "Fusion lunch!! FUSION LUNCH!" at me. Impressed by his assertiveness and intrigued by the prospect of Fusion Lunch (the next generation of dining) I took the little paper he was trying to hand me. Glancing over the paper quickly I discovered he was actually saying "Free lunch!" or maybe something involving Quiznos, and I inevitably thought of Phillip and Cassandra who are devoid of the willpower to resist free food. Then I looked a little closer:

Yes, you read that correctly. This can mean only three things:
1. To some people applying for a credit card is as casual an affair as eating a toasted sub.
2. Credit card companies have reached the least common denominator of incentive possibilities. Furthermore, they have to limit it to UCLA Students only, as if without this restriction they'd have too many applicants.
3. Fusion lunch will have to wait :[

Two new faces have been discovered:


Left: Remnants of way too many baguette sandwiches.
Right: A hilarious orange.

And let's not forget the two faces of Claire's purse thing:


We have started to see how many desserts we can smuggle out of the dining halls. Today's spoils included the aforementioned hilarious orange and thirteen delicious cookie bars:

No comments: